Which would be a more appropriate headline if such an accusation were made:
- Congressman Winger says Obama’s great-grandmother was Karl Marx’s love child.
- Obama’s great-grandmother is said to be love child of Karl Mark.
- If you wanted to give a bit of credence to the accusation, which of the above two would be more accurate?
- On the other hand, if you wanted to point out that a lone kook was making wild accusations, which would you use?
- What would be the effect of leaving out the name of the Congressman?
So what about the following headline:
What if you read the article under the headline, and find out that it’s just one Congressman who is making these claims?